Career Job in Salem, Oregon : OR 97301
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Career Management Program Assistant
Career Management Program Assistant Job Description
The Career Management Program Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for the Willamette MBA program in Salem including prospective students, students, faculty, staff, employers and the public. The Program Assistant is responsible for administrative support for career staff, including data and file management, web page and maintenance, managing job postings, assisting with events, maintaining records, generating reports and research.
This position has a high profile in dealing with students, administrators, faculty, employers, alumni, and members of the public. This position requires a high level of organizational, interpersonal and verbal communication skills, professional demeanor, and a team orientation to ensure good student, staff, employer and alumni relationships and a positive public perception.
- Acts as the first point of contact for the Willamette MBA program including reception duties, screening, directing and responding to incoming telephone inquiries. Provides information to prospective students, students, faculty, staff, employers, alumni, and members of the public. Maintains reception area in a neat, clean and professional manner and cares for each guest professionally.
- Provides support to students including managing student mail, lockers, scheduling appointments, and providing technical support for online career tools.
Career Data Management and Clerical Support:
- Responsible for career data management including data entry, maintenance, updates and reports and coordination of system updates with MBAFocus in addition to managing electronic files and records.
- Responsible for early access program support including generating and maintaining web pages and handouts, logging and acknowledging receipt of deliverables, uploading new student information, maintaining electronic files, preparing packets for appointments, uploading new student information into Career database.
- Responsible for job and internship database including assisting employers with posting jobs, posting jobs and internships, screening and assuring jobs are posted accurately, asking questions to assure complete information is posted and generating reports for outreach and statistics.
- Provides support for employer outreach by updating and maintaining employer records of involvement, researching industries and companies of interest to provide lists, job and internship information and posts jobs that meet criteria.
- Provides support in the collection and maintenance of employment data following MBACSEA guidelines, including managing data and generating employment reports.
- Provides PACE and internship class support including setting up software sites each semester, adding students, posting syllabi, handouts and materials as well as managing deliverables, deadlines, online folders, and lists.
- Responsible for maintaining web pages, handouts, email blasts, and mass mailings.
- Responsible for assisting with events including ordering food, scheduling rooms, and assisting with program logistics
- Participates as a member of the Willamette MBA Career Team and contributes to programs, events, employment outcomes, employer relations, and any initiatives as assigned.
- Collaborates with admissions, recruiting, faculty and other administrators to assure cohesion and high-quality customer service to students, faculty, employers and the public
- Performs other functions as assigned.
To review the job posting and to apply online please visit https://willamette.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/willametteuniversityjobs
As part of your online application, you will need to upload the following documents:
• Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
• Current Resume
• As part of the application you will be asked for references, please include contact information including emails.
Application deadline: Review of applications will begin immediately and will close once finalists are selected.
Salem Career Job
Career Management Program Assistant Job Requirements
1. High school diploma or equivalent is required.
2. Minimum of three to four years of general office experience of a progressively responsible nature or sales support, part of which may be satisfied by education and training. Note: College-level course work may substitute up to two years of the required work experience.
3. Proficient knowledge of computer word processing, managing information via spreadsheets, databases and online sources. Willingness and ability to learn new technologies associated with the job.
4. Must possess a positive and pleasant attitude, high degree of professionalism and be customer service oriented; establish and maintain harmonious relations with staff, faculty, employers, students, and guests of the university.
5. Strong organizational and time management skills, the ability to work on routine tasks, detail oriented, ability to set priorities and meet deadlines despite frequent interruptions are required.
6. Dependable, consistent attendance and team oriented.
7. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills are required with an ability to effectively interact with a culturally diverse population of students.
9. Takes initiative, is self-motivated, and proactive, asks questions when appropriate and follows through with communications and assignments. Willingness to take on routine tasks concurrent with the ability to accept complete responsibility for projects and work independently.
10. Must possess excellent skills in composition, spelling, English usage and punctuation.
11. Ability to: exercise discretion, maintain confidentiality make independent, sound decisions and utilize good judgment.
12. This position is subject to a criminal conviction record check.
1. Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
2. Experience editing and maintaining web pages (WebEdit).
3. Experience working in higher education.