Career Job in Casper, Wyoming : WY
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Speech Therapist - Home Healthcare - Per Diem
Speech Therapist - Home Healthcare - Per Diem Job Description
Provides services for the purpose of diagnosing and treating speech and language disorders which result in communication disabilities, and for the diagnosis and treatment of swallowing disorders (dysphagia), as well as auditory rehabilitation. The treatment and intervention provided is in accordance with the patient’s plan of care, accepted standards of professional practice, applicable law and regulation, as well as applicable Interim HealthCare policies, procedures and clinical pathways.
- Assist the physician or other licensed independent practitioner in evaluating the patient’s level of communication deficit, hearing and swallowing function, as well as in developing the resulting plan of care/treatment including appropriate long term treatment goals, selection of interventions, and the intensity, frequency and duration of services to meet the needs of an individual patient.
- Completes initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments at appropriate time points as assigned.
- Selects and teaches task-oriented therapeutic activities designed to improve comprehension and production of language in oral, signed or written modalities; speech and voice production; auditory training; speech reading; and communication strategies using multi-modal training (e.g. visual, auditory-visual, and tactile).
- Regularly assess changes in the patient’s status since the last visit/treatment day, and determine whether the planned services should be modified, performing a re-evaluation and obtaining revision orders from the physician as indicated.
- Prepares and submits timely, legible, relevant and sufficient documentation – whether written or electronic – of treatment and skilled intervention provided, as well appropriate reports of a patient’s progress toward goals in accordance with professional standards of practice, policy and procedures, and payor requirements.
- Advises and consults with the family and/or other caregivers to promote patient progress and planning for discharge.
- Participates in educating the patient and the family, and other caregivers to promote patient progress toward mutually established goals.
- Actively effectively communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary healthcare team providing care in order to promote coordination of patient care and planning for discharge.
- Visually and auditorially observes and assesses the patient.
- Participates in quality and performance improvement measures
- Participates in in-service training, as requested.
- Completes other assignments as requested and assigned.
- Has access to personal health information (“PHI”) necessary to fulfill the above duties and responsibilities. Access to use and ability to disclose PHI is further defined by each organization.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements:
- Master’s or doctoral degree in speech language pathology, and who meets either of the following requirements:
- licensed as a speech-language pathologist by the State in which the individual furnishes such services; or
- In the case of an individual who furnishes services in a State which does not license speech-language pathologists:
- Has successfully completed 350 clock hours of supervised clinical practicum (or is in the process of accumulating such supervised clinical experience);
- Performed not less than 9 months of supervised full-time speech-language pathology services after obtaining a master’s or doctoral degree in speech-language pathology or a related field; and
- Successfully completed an approved national examination in speech-language pathology.
- In the last five (5) years, two (2) years of experience as a speech language pathologist that is relevant to the patient population assigned.
- Provide proof of valid driver’s license, per organization-specific policy.
- Provide proof of valid auto liability insurance if assignment(s) includes driving own vehicle to transport patient, per organization-specific policy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Able to read and interpret technical instructions related to the care of the patient.
- Able to provide proof of current CPR certification, per organization-specific policy.
- Able to prioritize multiple functions or tasks to effectively manage multiple changes based on patient needs and scheduling.
- Meets the applicable health requirements to provide patient care per applicable law or regulation.
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Free Education Courses
- Flexible Assignments to fit your needs
- Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Night and weekend differential
- Night and evening differential
- Night and weekend differential
Interim HealthCare is America's leading provider of home care, hospice and healthcare staffing. We offer one of the most comprehensive selections of career opportunities in the industry ranging from per diem to full-time.
If you're looking for a stable career opportunity, look no further. We offer the freedom of a flexible work schedule combined with the security of working for an established company. Nationally, Interim HealthCare has been providing great jobs to great people for over 45 years and there are more than 300 offices across the country. That kind of stability combined with our commitment to integrity makes us your perfect career partner.
Interim HealthCare® is an equal opportunity employer who does not discriminate against applicants, employees or clients on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other category protected by the law, or patients' decisions regarding advance directives. Each Interim HealthCare office is independently owned and operated. Not all services are available at all offices. ©2015 Interim HealthCare Inc.
Casper Career Job