Career Job in Weslaco, Texas : TX
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Director Of Career Services
Director Of Career Services Job Description
South Texas Vo-Tech is looking for an experienced career services representative to join the team as the Director of Career Services.
The Director of Career Services is responsible for supervision and management of the career services department. This position is responsible for ensuring that quality careers services are delivered to all students and graduates, insuring that all students have the knowledge and skills to successfully transition from graduate to employee in their chosen field of study. In this position the Director of Career Services provides departmental leadership, vision, goal setting and their resulting outcomes.
- Ensures monthly “Making the Connection" (“MTC") presentations to be made to every class.
- Ensures the completion of initial assessments with all students within the specified time frame
- Provide for a collaborative effort with the education department to ensure that Career Planning classes provide students with all needed elements for a successful placement outcome. Results should include each student completing Career Planning with a professional resume, entry-level job interviewing skill attained from class participation and completed mock interviews, and demonstrate proficiency job search techniques.
- Develop and implement strategies to ensure all state, accreditation, and regulatory benchmarks are met.
- Responsible for completing required exit paperwork, both in group settings and one-on-one sessions
- Regularly conduct one-on-one coaching sessions with students
- Ensure documentation in CampusVue of all correspondence between the career services department and a student/graduate.
- Assist in resume preparation and development working with instructors and students
Weslaco Career Job
Director Of Career Services Job Requirements
Associate Degree in related field from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and/or 2 years related experience.
Minimum 1 year management experience
Knowledge of and experience with standard concepts, practices, and procedures in staffing and/or placement environment
Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated success in collaborating with diverse groups of employees and customers
Ability to lead and work in an observation/coaching style environment
Strong organizational and problem-resolution skills
Good computer skills, including MS Office products
Bachelor’s Degree in related field from an academic institution accredited by a regional or national accrediting agency that is recognized by the U.S. Department of Education
Previous Management experience in the placement/staffing Industry
Previous experience as a campus based Career Services Director