Career Job in Morristown, New Jersey : NJ 07960
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Early Career Development Program (Ecdp) - Finance
Early Career Development Program (Ecdp) - Finance Job Description
About Covanta: Covanta is a world leader in providing sustainable waste and energy solutions. Annually, Covanta’s modern Energy-from-Waste facilities safely convert approximately 20 million tons of waste from municipalities and businesses into clean, renewable electricity to power one million homes and recycle approximately 500,000 tons of metal. Through a vast network of treatment and recycling facilities, Covanta also provides comprehensive industrial material management services to companies seeking solutions to some of today’s most complex environmental challenges. For more information, visit www.covanta.com .
The Early Career Development Program (ECDP) is part of Covanta’s strategy to hire and develop a high performing, diverse talent pool. The ECDP is a three-year program in which participants will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience and receive wide exposure to Covanta’s different business functions through a coordinated rotation among a variety of assignments, both within and outside their primary department. Candidates for the ECDP are required to have a bachelor’s degree and zero to three years’ of relevant experience by the hire date. For a list of additional qualifications, please refer to the Position Requirements section below. ECDP candidates interested in being considered for multiple ECDP positions should submit a separate application for each requisition and include a cover letter describing how the ECDP program fits with their career goals.
The ECDP hire for the Finance team will perform a variety of functions within different departments including Corporate Accounting, Tax, Internal Audit, Financial Planning and Analysis.
Concentration within one or more Finance areas to depend upon the candidate’s areas of interest and capability, as well as business need. Responsibilities for rotational positions within each of the departments within Finance include but are not limited to:
- Support month-end closing process by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations. Analyze unusual items/trends to ensure accuracy of financial statements.
- Assist in preparing 10Q/K and consolidated financial statements and related disclosures for filing with the SEC.
- Research technical accounting topics and document conclusions by preparing white papers.
- Assist with special projects such as implementation of new accounting standards or integration of new businesses into Covanta's control framework.
- Research tax technical matters and assist in identifying and analyzing tax sensitive items related to acquisitions or other business transactions.
- Assist in analyzing implications of tax-related initiatives or planning strategies, including tax accounting and filing requirements.
- Identify and research tax legislation or pertinent Internal Revenue Code sections.
- Prepare forms or statements required with the filing of Federal and/or state income tax returns.
- Analyze existing processes and underlying control frameworks to identify procedural inefficiencies and gaps in control designs.
- Evaluate interplay of internal controls between ERP and subsidiary IT systems and manual processes.
- Measure management’s compliance with various regulatory frameworks including the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act, the Sarbanes-Oxley Act and Federal Election laws.
- Consult with management about significant business events, including system implementations, accounting standard adoptions and process improvement / cost reduction projects.
- Perform substantive financial statement audit procedures.
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Support business development and/or M&A activities, including preparation of financial models and presentations, conducting due diligence, and supporting contract preparation.
- Support the annual budgeting and long-term planning process, including assisting in development of budget package (models, schedules, etc.), coordinating communication with field operations during the process, and assisting in preparation of presentations for senior management.
- Support the monthly forecasting process, including performing financial analysis of business performance.
- Bachelor’s degree required; concentration in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field(s) preferred
- Grade Point Average of 3.5 or higher preferred
- 0-3 years of relevant work experience
- Internship or prior work experience in the Finance/Accounting preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient with MS Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks
- Attention to detail
- Cross functional skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Sharp learning curve
- Ability to extract and analyze data
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Team player with a can-do attitude
- Motivated and committed
- Willing and able to travel, as needed.
- Candidates interested in being considered for multiple ECDP positions should submit a separate application for each requisition and include a cover letter describing how the ECDP program fits with their career goals.
(Internal Code: *LI-COV)
Morristown Career Job