Career Job in Erie, Pennsylvania : PA 16507
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Echocardiography Sonographer Job DescriptionUPMC Hamot is hiring an Echocardiography Sonographer! This role will be scheduled daylight shifts with rotating Saturdays, holidays and on-call. If you're an ultrasound professional with a cardiac background, we want to hear from you!
UPMC offers a competitive benefits package and has a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and offers the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint. Apply today and find out where your career can take you!
Performs imaging procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision. Competently performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment, ingenuity and ability to recognize critical pathologies.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient's fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Identifies all patients properly according to policy.
- Reviews patient history and assesses physician orders, applying specific departmental protocols for optimal results in the acquisition of data.
- Documents patient history in electronic record as required.
- Utilizes appropriate ultrasound instrumentation for procedures and demonstrates knowledge of equipment operations, applications and scanning techniques resulting in optimized image data/documentation.
- Demonstrates a strong ability to interact with both patients and co-workers, while displaying a high level of caring, listening, dignity and respect.
- Able to work as team member within the department and all other departments to expedite patient care efficiently.
- Ensures all completed exams are properly coded and identified for electronic processing and storage according to department standards.
- Assures charges are adequately entered for the exams performed.
- Performs Cardiac Ultrasound procedures according to guidelines established by the Medical Director.
- Procedures must be performed in the established time frame and according to established protocol.
- Procedures include Transthoracic Echocardiography, Transesophageal Echocardiography, Stress Echocardiography, and Echo with contrast.
- Conduct himself/herself in accordance with system-wide and departmental values, policies, and procedures.
- Within a reasonable timeframe, demonstrates the ability to function independently, and is able to cover off shifts, on-call responsibilities, and perform services at satellite facilities, where applicable, while continually communicating with lead and management team.
- Assists physicians with invasive procedures as necessary and adheres strictly to the universal protocol standards.
- Obtains appropriate echocardiographic images according to department policy and industry standards, including M-Mode, 2D, Doppler, Color Flow Doppler, Transesophageal echo, echo enhancement, bubble and contrast studies, and Stress echocardiography.
- Completion of formal training in an accredited ultrasound program required.
- Cardiac background strongly preferred.
- Registered preferred, or registry eligible with minimum of Physics portion of registry completed.
- Must obtain registry within 12 months of hire date.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) OR Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) required.
- Act 31 Child Abuse Reporting
- Act 33 with renewal
- Act 34 with renewal
- Act 73 FBI Clearance
Salary Range: $21.84 to $32.52 / hour
Union Position: No
Erie Career Job