Career Job in Kansas City, Missouri : MO
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Hog Procurement Trainee - Career Foundation Program
Hog Procurement Trainee - Career Foundation Program Job Description
The position summary states the general nature and purpose of the job. Overall accountabilities are defined in this section.
A functional trainee is an individual who undergoes training for positions in their field of expertise. The Career Foundation Program is the best way to prepare employees to become future leaders of the company. It equips them with the required skills, judgment, and know-how of being an effective and responsible leader.
- A functional trainee is exposed to every aspect of their business and role. A functional trainee would be expected to know all facets of their particular piece of the business, from sales to customer service, to quality assurance and operations. As such, the functional trainee becomes very flexible and a subject matter expert when it comes to skills related to his or her job.
- You can have a pick of the job you love most. Smithfield offers functional trainees a chance to work in departments they feel they could excel in. Each rotation places an emphasis on providing opportunities to enhance each trainee’s leadership skills, and gain exposure to growth areas of the business. If you’ve been particularly stellar in sales, or you are interested in operations, you could choose to develop in that area.
- It develops teamwork. As trainees, you will be working with teams or with a department leader who will show you how things are done. You will learn to work with teams of different members across all levels of the organization. Sometimes, you will be working with a higher management, other times you’ll work hand in hand with your subordinates. Aside from developing teamwork, you could also build up a mentor-apprentice relationship with the people you work with.
- Career opportunities are endless. Career advancement is the ultimate goal of training. Once a vacancy comes up, you will have a great chance of being promoted. The Career Foundation Program prepares graduates for positions with increased level of responsibility and complexity. Simply put, the Career Foundation Program places you on the radar of the company’s meticulous executives.
- It is the best way to “earn your stripes”. Being part of a Career Development Program is very much like being in school, or perhaps enrolling in an MBA program. The only difference is that you get real work-related situations and problems that need fast, implementable solutions. The result? You will have a holistic understanding of your division and company.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.Responsibilities:
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Track and learn daily hog and pork markets that relate to our business. These markets are used to price livestock and products. This will include updating daily, weekly and monthly reports that measure purchasing performance.
- Observe plant operations, livestock receiving, purchasing and payment to serve as a background to our business operations and to build key relationships. Additional trips will be made to plants to complete project objectives.
- Will spend time working with live animals in a barn setting.
- The candidate will be responsible for projects related to hog procurement, animal welfare, and hedging.
- The trainee will go on calls to prospective suppliers or existing suppliers and for business reviews with a procurement manager.
- Gain knowledge of process functions through cross departmental communication.
- Receive classroom instruction in subjects related to their rotational experience.
- Attend lectures, watch guest speakers, create and execute projects, and oral presentations.
- Participate in periodic performance evaluations.
- Work with and through management to develop and implement actions that protect company assets and profitability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in Animal Science, Ag Business, or Ag Econ.
- Have experience in the livestock industry and demonstrate a desire to make a career in that field.
- Learn and understand SAP Hog Procurement.
- Knowledgeable in Excel - to include graphing and data summarization.
- Practical knowledge - able to transition between hands on activities in a barn and endure an office setting.
- Interact well with customers (internal/external): competitive and outging personality.
- Desire and attitude to excel.
- Planning, organization and execution skills.
- Strong oral and written language skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Ability to travel - 10-25%
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Must be able to relocate during the 24-month period rotation.
Kansas City Career Job