Career Job in Omaha, Nebraska : NE 68145
Looking for Career Jobs? See currently available Career job openings on career.jobs.net . Browse the current listings and fill out job applications.
career.jobs.net is the starting point for a job search in any career job . We provide job resources for Career positions throughout the industry. career.jobs.net also provides Career jobs listings from around the United States. Job seekers can search and apply for jobs in Career by either city or state.
career.jobs.net is a career job search resource for job seekers. Here you can easily find all Career jobs, post a resume, and research your career.
Get started on your career job search on career.jobs.net today.
Manager-In-Training Job Description
Are you looking to start a career in Retail Management? Are you looking for an opportunity to grow your career as a Manager for a growing organization? We invite you to join our team as a Manager in Training! Sapp Bros Inc., a growing chain of travel centers, is looking for Managers in Training to join our management team, and we're willing to train the right candidate! At Sapp Bros, our mission is to treat every customer as "our guest" by providing a clean environment, quality products, and a commitment to excellent service. Our management team ensures that we achieve this mission every day.
"Providing superior customer service requires superior people!"
As a Manager in Training, you will learn how to be responsible for the overall sales growth and profitability of a department within a specific location. You will learn how to oversee a team of direct reports in a fast-paced retail environment where rapid decision-making abilities are required. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow your retail operations / management career with a growing company, and you meet our qualifications, we want to talk to you!
As a Manager in Training, you will be a part of the retail management team that helps maintain and supervise the integrity, quality, and customer service that our company provides. We require our management team to be enthusiastically passionate about delivering outstanding Guest Service while creating a culture of caring for and about the people they oversee.
Additional responsibilities of the Manager in Training include:
* Interviewing prospective employees
* Holding regularly scheduled meetings
* Developing contests for Sales Associates aimed to achieve sales goals
* Investigating cash shortages or inventory variations
* Keeping schedule updated at least three weeks in advance; approving vacation requests
* Coaching Direct Reports personnel regarding effective approaches to address problems during their shift
* Attending regularly scheduled Safety and Department Head meetings
* Walking around entire facility to ensure we are the cleanest travel center in the United States
* Gathering bids for capital improvement budget
* Setting sales goal for upcoming fiscal year
* Researching variations on repair and maintenance costs compared to previous month's P&L
* Working shoulder to shoulder with Line Associates to understand issues they are facing
* Calling to have equipment repaired
* Approving department accounts payable
* Adjusting retail pricing due to changes in wholesale costs
* Ensuring department meets and exceeds all corporate office deadlines
* Ensuring trainees have hands-on training to learn how every job in the travel center functions
Qualified Managers should be hands-on individuals with the ability to multitask and prioritize effectively. Flexibility in this training program is a necessary ingredient for success. Successful candidates will be expected to understand that they will be role models for Direct Reports and Retail General Associates; therefore, they will need to work within the guidelines that are expected from our staff. Our locations are open 24 hours per day, 7 days a week; as a Manager in Training, you can plan on working approximately 40 or more hours per work week.
Additional requirements of the Manager in Training include:
* Ability to pass a criminal background, credit, and employment reference check
* Ability to work a flexible schedule
* Willingness to relocate if necessary
* Physical presence at assigned work site required
We at Sapp Bros are proud of our hard work ethic and family culture. We set the bar very high with our expectations, but we reward those who achieve our expectations with a percentage of profit directly from their department. Sapp Bros is a place where everyone works hard to be the very best by being the friendliest and cleanest travel center in the United States. This is not an easy job, but it is very rewarding to serve the traveling public and trucking industry. We offer many nationwide opportunities for career advancement for managers who can lead a team of people that consistently deliver "Wow" service.
Here is some of what we have to offer:
* Two health insurance plans
* Dental insurance with vision discount
* Life insurance
* Career Advancement--We promote from within
* Prescription plan
* Profit sharing
* Paid vacation program
* Holiday pay
* Education assistance program
* Payroll direct deposit
* Gasoline and diesel discount of .10 per gallon
* Store and restaurant discount of 10%
Omaha Career Job